The Benefits of Video on Your Website.
Whatever your business, big or small, the benefits of video are undisputed. Video is the perfect way to ensure that your key messages are easily available and it is the best medium to help busy people absorb the important things you want to say!
People tend to look for a visual experience when surfing the web - looking for something that stands out. Statistically, 45% of internet users will watch a video when on-line, its so much easier, faster and more enjoyable than reading blocks of text. This is particularly so for people using smart phones and tablets.
Video will make your website more ‘sticky’, people will stay on your site for longer and this in itself increases the chance of making a sale. Video will of course increase visitors to your website in the first place. Search engines love video because it is a sign that your website content is interesting and engaging and so worthy of a high page ranking. If you use YouTube to host your video it will increase your brand visibility even more, Google owns YouTube and so prioritises these videos! If your business uses email marketing campaigns, then your email click-through rates could increase by a massive 200-300% by including a video. It really will grab peoples attention and hook them into your site. It will improve your SEO and improve your conversion rate - more people will go on to buy products or services after watching.
Video makes your social media sparkle! If you want your business to be noticed, then a good video will bring people and places to life, it also helps to build trust and credibility - potential customers can actually see the products or services and the people they are buying from, its much more ‘human’ and reassuring.
So, in conclusion, video is now an essential marketing tool that businesses can’t afford to be without! At Knew Productions, we specialise in producing dynamic, engaging and effective website videos. Check out some examples of our work here. The cost of producing a video should be viewed as a valuable investment that really does pay off. The statistics speak for themselves:
- 62% of Google universal searches include video. (Source: Marketingland)
- You are 50 times more likely to get organic page ranks in Google with video rather than just plain text results. (Source: Forrester Research)
- You are 41% more likely to get a click-through on a video as opposed to plain text results. (Source: aimClear)
- By having a video thumbnail in your search result, you can almost double your traffic (Source: IQ Visibility)
- By having video on site, you are more likely to keep people engaged on your site for around two minutes longer (Source: Comscore)
- You are three times more likely to attract inbound links using videos in your posts. (Source: Moz)
CISCO research found that:
- By 2019 80% of the worlds internet traffic will involve video content.
- 85% of companies find success with a video marketing strategy.
- Videos increase people's understanding of your product or service by 74%
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week.
- Website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video.